Looking for Horse Sanctuary for 3 old... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Rhode Island Discussion » Looking for Horse Sanctuary for 3 older horses « Previous Next »

Judy A. Simmerer (blackkanine)
Username: blackkanine

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 05:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
My home of 20 years is being foreclosed on and I am desperate to find a forever horse sanctuary for three wonderful, older horses. They get along extremely well and seem to need each other, so if possible, would love to see them be able to stay together. They are very easy keepers, 2 were originally rescues that came to my little farm to spend out the rest of their days in safety and peace.
Sadly, my husband passed away suddenly very recently and I cannot afford the mortgage on my home with just one income. I cannot save my home of 20 years but am praying I can save these horses as they deserve to live out their days in a peaceful, safe environment.
Please if there is any place that has the room for these great horses, please contact me asap.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 13197
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 08:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So sorry for your loss Judy. Have you tried contacting area rescues? Just be very careful about letting an individual take them. They may promise a wonderful home but may turn around and sell them at auction where they risk getting into the slaughter pipeline. Ask for vet and farrier references and to see their farm where they will keep them. You may be very aware of that but I never like to assume that someone knows the dangers lurking out there. Good luck in your search.
Everything is a choice.

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 02:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you so much for your advice jc...during this extremely stressful time it's always good for someone to ground me and make me remember the "do's and don'ts," These guys have been with me for a long time and I'm trying to be as careful as I can be as I only want the very best for them ... none of this is their fault. I can only hope that I can find a wonderful home. I forgot to mention that I also have an $800 credit at a local hay and grain that goes with my guys, I would never try to find them a home without providing for some of their keep.
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 13204
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 04:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're welcome Judy. I'm not familiar with any rescues in the Rhode Island area, but maybe someone else here will chime in? I learned the hard way about being very thorough when placing horses and I don't want anyone else to go through the same nightmare.
I know this is a hard topic, but I will broach it anyway. If you can't find a good home you may want to consider putting them down. I know that sounds awful, but it's much better than having them wind up in the wrong hands. I wish you luck and hope you can find them a good home.
Everything is a choice.
buckinfun (buckinfun)
Username: buckinfun

Post Number: 89
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 09:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Horseplay and The Santana Center are two rescues in southern RI that you could try
linda (linda)
Username: linda

Post Number: 848
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 04:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hay burr Inn in plainfield conn,might know of spot..they are having open house this sat..never know..check them out on facebook...have never been there etc..noticed they have owner surrender horses..

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to thank everyone so much for the leads and also for all the kind words and thoughts. I'm still hopeful I can find placement for my guys, but...if not, and I surely hope it doesn't come to this...but I will never send these horses to auction, never....so...if it comes down to the wire and ...well... I will have them put down humanely here, on their home ground, where they won't be afraid.
I cannot bare the thought of that right now, I've lost too much already... but I now have until Sept and I will turn over every rock possible in the hopes of finding them a new home where they can live out their remaining days peacefully, enjoying life.
Once again, thank you all so much.
linda (linda)
Username: linda

Post Number: 849
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2018 - 02:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

go to conn discussion group.inlawn apart for rent $800 on horse farm...maybe a place for you to live... may 12 posted...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration