Trail riding at Myles Standish Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Massachusetts Discussion » Trail riding at Myles Standish « Previous Next »

jls (jls)
Username: jls

Post Number: 162
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 05:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know people often trail ride there and Iíve always wanted to try it. Where do you park? I was having a hard time figuring it out from the official map on the website.
memom (memom)
Username: memom

Post Number: 5069
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 07:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Come in from the Cranberry Road side. As you get to the Y turn just before the ranger station go left. The sign for equestrian parking lot is a ways down (sign on right), turn left and youíll be going down a rough dirt road then left to the end. The Hoof1 Facebook group has many folks that ride there.
"Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain."(author?)MA
Sean McGillicuddy (smcgill)
Username: smcgill

Post Number: 103
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 06:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The road in to the parking area is dirt/gravel..
Park in the grass area on the left as you go in.
There is the camping area next to the area, expect visiters
Living the good life in Easton Mass.
shenandoah (shenandoah)
Username: shenandoah

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've also seen people park in the charge pond equestrian camping bathroom parking lot.
When are you going jls? I'll be there with five horses all next week.
If I'm not in the office, I'm in the forest.
Anita (anitachi123)
Username: anitachi123

Post Number: 120
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2018 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can stop at headquarters and get a map. You can park at the Equestrian parking lot, Parking lot 2, or get a campsite for the day a day pass and park in the Equestrian campground. There are also a few areas on Cutters Field Rd where you can park next to all the open fields. For your first time, I would recommend parking lot 2, and riding the well marked Bentley Loop, or the Equestrian campground and riding the equally well marked Charge Pond loop.
anitachi123
joe (joe71956)
Username: joe71956

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 04:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are any of the trails near a pond you can take the horses in?
Anita (anitachi123)
Username: anitachi123

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 08:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sort of. You can take the horses in one side of Abner pond, opposite the boy scout camp. Or you can can take them half way in New Grassy pond. I would recommend going all the way in there, for fear of sinking too deeply in mud.
anitachi123
memom (memom)
Username: memom

Post Number: 5087
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 02:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We have taken them into Barrett Pond near equestrian parking area but not sure if you can during summer season.
"Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain."(author?)MA

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration