Mark Perry -- Please keep us posted Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Massachusetts Discussion » Archive through July 04, 2018 » Mark Perry -- Please keep us posted « Previous Next »

Three Fold Farm (weewitch)
Username: weewitch

Post Number: 441
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 08:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've heard Mary Perry has gone into hospice. If folks have any info, could you please post? I truly respect and admire Mark. He's the kind that wouldn't want a whole lot of hub bub, but if there is a service, I'd like to know.
Breeders of Canadian Horses
lainey johnson (mainstone)
Username: mainstone

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2018 - 02:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm very saddened to report that this is true. His family told me today. He is surrounded by his family. He will be greatly missed.
aharlov (aharlov)
Username: aharlov

Post Number: 705
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 07:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes my barn just pooled some money for a gift... Prayers for him and his family...
maresrgreat (maresrgreat)
Username: maresrgreat

Post Number: 5779
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 01:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am so shocked and sorry to hear this. You could not find a nicer person. Prayers for him and his family.

Post Number: 443
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 01:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I received a text from his family. They are not going to have a service but will be having a get together in the spring.

Post Number: 444
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 08:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got word that Mark has passed. Such a nice guy and exceptionally good at what he did. I had a very old pony (lived to be about 40) and Mark would always do him for free. The first time I asked why he wasn't charging me and he said, "These horses have given me a great life. This is the least I can do to give back." To say he will be missed is true, but he was just a really genuine person who was truly happy and content. Not too many people like that around. I will miss you Mark. I will miss talking to you. I will miss you stories and sense of humor. I will miss your honesty. The world is a lesser place without you.
bliss (bliss)
Username: bliss

Post Number: 555
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I didn't know him but it sounds like the horse world, and the world in general, has lost a wonderful man. Prayers for all who loved him. R.I.P. Mark.
maresrgreat (maresrgreat)
Username: maresrgreat

Post Number: 5781
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm so sorry to hear this and still in disbelief. I knew Mark for a short time when I boarded years ago and he did my mare. We had a great talk about racing and he belonged to the jockey club. I didn't. He had access to a lot of background racing info on my new mare that I had just got from Suffolk Downs. He could see how interested I was in her breeding being Slew's granddaughter and in her racing record which I didn't have any info on except that she had recently had a win. Sure enough, when he got home, he looked up all the racing info on my new mare and sent me a package in the mail, with all the racing and breeding info he had found. I really didn't expect he'd have time for this and let me tell you, he really made my day sending all that history and racing records for my mare. I learned she raced more than I thought and I learned a lot about racing also. He didn't have to do this and I thought it was so kind of him to go out of his way for me. It really meant a lot to me in trying to learn more about my mare and her background. And I still look at it once in a while to this day.

He always did an excellent job and he really cared about all horses and the people who loved them. What a nice man. A horse's best friend. Gone way too soon. I must say, your remembrance of him Three Fold, is beautiful. Made me cry and really is on point to who he was, and yes caring and genuine to the core. I'm so glad our paths crossed, even for just a short time.

Post Number: 446
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2018 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a celebration of life 8/4 at the Harbor Gardens Inn, 10 Stacey Court, Marblehead from 1-5. ON 8/5, Suffolk Downs is naming a race for him. RSVP to Mark.Perry5@verizon.net.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration