It's hot out there Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Massachusetts Discussion » Archive through October 23, 2017 » It's hot out there « Previous Next »

sabrina (sabrinatmc)
Username: sabrinatmc

Post Number: 3628
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 05:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does anyone else besides me think that mother nature hasn't given us much of a summer. cool weather on and off and than two sets of heats waves in September. I felt like I was melting outside. where was this kind of heat in the summer when we need it.

whoever left there pool open to use your lucky. I had to hose off everyone and get the fans back out for the stalls. just two weeks I had packed them up for the season. UGH!
tbtrakh (tbaby)
Username: tbaby

Post Number: 3143
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 06:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good I love it. Maybe my crazy horses will settle down and stop taking off put of their stalls every time I open the darned doors.
ls27 (ls27)
Username: ls27

Post Number: 720
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 06:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's f(*&ing stupid out Hate Hate Hate this heat and humidity
sabrina (sabrinatmc)

Post Number: 3629
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

another day of hot temps. I had to get the fans back out for the stalls. and the gal water containers to be put back into the outside water troughs. Hey

Hey Tbtrakh wanna play with the water balloons later on LOL???
tbtrakh (tbaby)

Post Number: 3144
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 01:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds good lol
bythebay (bythebay)
Username: bythebay

Post Number: 2307
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 08:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I must be the minority because I love the heat! I feel like we hardly had any hot weather this summer and we re already heading into "that" winter weather :-(. Bring on the sun everyday!
sabrina (sabrinatmc)

Post Number: 3630
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SPLASH,SPLASH,splash,splash,splash! not to rain your summer days theme bythebay. but this type of heat wave should have been all through the summer. not in the beginning of Fall where you ride with being eaten alive by bugs! anyone else felt like it wasn't much of a summer other than me?
tbtrakh (tbaby)

Post Number: 3149
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ME!!! Now it's over but we never had a good summer in my opinion. Never got that hot.
Although with all the stall cleaning and lifting of hay bales and water buckets and grain bags I got plenty of sweating in. Not to mention all the blasted abscess foot treatments, still the most workout of anything, and most painful on the back! Made it feel like 110 degrees every day lol. Maybe it's good it wasn't hotter or I'd have collapsed! Guess I'm getting old.

I still missed a real summer though.
sabrina (sabrinatmc)

Post Number: 3631
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 01:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I remember correctly we had a REAL summer last year. when we had almost no winter and on Christmas it was 65 degree's. it was summer by the time the end of April came. actually had the pool open and running before Memorial Day weekend. alot of us wish that we kept our pool open now. good thing we had a kiddie pool and sprinkler hoses still.
slammie (slammie)
Username: slammie

Post Number: 1633
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 01:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like the heat, but t is really tough working horses when they are getting winter coats and we still have shows to go. I drove at 8:oo am this morning. The trainer is working horses even earlier than that. I have to drive 2 hrs to the barn so it's a long day, but will be worth it come the end of October.
Performance Standardbreds, what a ride. ****RI***

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration