Anyone go to the Dover warehouse sale?I Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Massachusetts Discussion » Anyone go to the Dover warehouse sale?I « Previous Next »

delilah (delilah)
Username: delilah

Post Number: 3778
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 07:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I went, thought the prices were high!
bythebay (bythebay)
Username: bythebay

Post Number: 2296
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 08:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great feedback- makes the rest of us who couldn't go feel better haha
loveponies (loveponies)
Username: loveponies

Post Number: 129
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 09:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I went. It was crazy in there and prices were high. Loads of tall boots. I didn't buy anything. I feel cheated, I could have slept in today lol. Instead we were there for opening
delilah (delilah)
Username: delilah

Post Number: 3779
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 09:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ya know loveponies I thought the same thing when I left there at 8:30am, I could have been in bed!! Dressage whip $32.00, pony medium weight turnout $98.00. I went down the street to Horsemans Exchange and bought a whip for $12.99, ordered an 80" medium weight turnout turnout for $90. I can get the pony turnout on ebay for about $60.00.
vontragen (vontragen)
Username: vontragen

Post Number: 288
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Prices were HIGH!
gidget (gidget)
Username: gidget

Post Number: 150
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 07:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dover is under new management and someone has to pay for those ultra-fancy new catalogs... :-)
flyhawk (flyhawk)
Username: flyhawk

Post Number: 2351
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 08:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I read the new catalog, I feel that I just bought the latest issue of Vogue!
ruth0552 (ruth0552)
Username: ruth0552

Post Number: 282
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 08:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also thought the prices were high. I'm currently the proud owner of about 100 items that are basically worn out and need replacing, including saddle pads, breeches, half chaps, stirrup leathers, riding shirts, gloves, etc... I was hoping to pick up a couple and there was either nothing, or the price was ridiculous. I went to horseman's exchange after and they said that the morning had been ridiculously busy because people went to both. Hopefully some of my items were bought!
festive (festiveone)
Username: festiveone

Post Number: 1496
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Flyhawk- I thought the very same thing when I got the new catalog! I didnt go, but the one other riding horse owner at my barn went. She brought back a halter.. nice one. I put the little mares old halter on her this morning for turnout though. She should save the nice one for the shows. Especially since she got it at Dover!
ls27 (ls27)
Username: ls27

Post Number: 717
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

New marketing sucks, no more horse stuff for the everyday person or occasion, sale sucked. New management does not understand horse business- thinks that we want to be marketed to in an upscale status, style manner. majority of the market is just people with their horses that need stuff - not to be stylish, not to show off, not as a lifestyle. I predict they continue to lost market share to smartpak.
masthill (masthill)
Username: masthill

Post Number: 298
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 08:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think dovers new owners are moving in the wrong direction.
puchi (puchi)
Username: puchi

Post Number: 592
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 08:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Went at about 7 pm on Saturday evening. I was surprised that the tables were still full, almost no one other than Dover employees and they were still bringing out boxes of tack. Prices were high! If you were in the market for a $900 helmet for the "blowout" price of $495 and a pair of $1200 off the rack slightly worn boots for $795, and a kinda cute sweater marked down to $120 this was your sale! With that said I found a sun/show shirt and a cute Joules shirt for my Daughter. My friend found a pair of Durbury boots for a good price for Durbury's.
Telca (telca)
Username: telca

Post Number: 320
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 09:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now I'm glad I went riding, instead!
bethh81 (bethh81)
Username: bethh81

Post Number: 282
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We weren't impressed either and drove to Smartpak in Natick to their bargain area where we scored some awesome deals on new blankets.
my2cents (my2cents)
Username: my2cents

Post Number: 315
Posted on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 02:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Even back in the old days, we would wait all year for the Stateline Tack store (in the Plaistow location) to have their big sale. Usually the only good deals were monogrammed items (as long as you didn't care if your horse or dog didn't have his or her name on the item) or returned/used items. Once Dover took over, those sales seemed less and less of a bargain.
linda (linda)
Username: linda

Post Number: 816
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 03:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

guess it was the same at every tent sale..went to the one in rhode island..no big sale at all..even employees were commenting... store does not even carry alot of brushes etc anymore..just clothes..sad..they are pricing themselves out of business for average owner.
pfqh (piney)
Username: piney

Post Number: 383
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 03:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We went early in the morning and it was a huge disappointment. I was comparing prices on my phone with SmartPak while there and Smarkpak was offering some of the same items, brand new, at lower prices than Dover's 'sale'. Go to Smartpak's blanket sale at their store when it comes around - now that's a real sale!
One man with courage is a majority. ~ Thomas Jefferson
masthill (masthill)
Username: masthill

Post Number: 300
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 05:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So very sad. I hope dover's management is reading these threads. They just keep making the wrong decisions.
slammie (slammie)
Username: slammie

Post Number: 1618
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 06:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We went to the store in RI last week to buy some show clothes for our grand daughter, got some really good prices on sale and markdowns. The same thing happened in the Spring when she needed paddock boots and a new helmet. Helmets were on sale got 2 for less that the price of 1. I always manage to get sale stuff at the store. JMO
Performance Standardbreds, what a ride. ****RI***

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration