Connemara In Training Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Training Forum » Connemara In Training « Previous Next »

NH_Dressage (nh_dressage)
Username: nh_dressage

Post Number: 1193
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 02:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I currently have the pleasure of working with a Connemara Pony mare who has very limited training despite her age. She was a broodmare before being purchased by her new owner.

I've been asked to help prepare the mare to be a fun low level dressage partner for her 70 year old owner. Most of the work I'm doing with her is ground work (in the stall, aisle, pasture and arena) which she needed in order to build a working trusting relationship with her humans. Trust on the ground helps accelerate development of trust while I'm on her back.

I've actually only sat on her a few times. This video shows my second ride with her and includes playing with a large Parelli ball which we had done on the ground a few times.

The pony's ground work and relationship with people is coming along in leaps and bounds. It is great to see that her character is so wonderful. She does not have a mean bone in her body! Such a great little mare!

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KlIo_nil2s

Natural Horsemanship & Dressage : It's all about Happy Horses
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 13386
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 08:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice job Kimberly! What a cute pony!
Everything is a choice.

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She is wonderful, but pint sized. :-) Perfect for her petite owner. She's a good example of her breed. I'd love 14.2 hh version for myself.
memom (memom)
Username: memom

Post Number: 5123
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Love her ears and so willing! What bit do you use?
"Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain."(author?)MA

Post Number: 1197
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 02:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use Herm Sprenger KK bits for all of my horses. And I set them low so that the horse can play with it a little and so I'm not riding with "the parking brake" on. :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration