Free Trailer Loading Demo With Admiss... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Training Forum » Free Trailer Loading Demo With Admission to Expo « Previous Next »

Hatrick (cha)
Username: cha

Post Number: 1507
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 09:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

April 28th 2018 at the 23rd Annual Equine Expo at Topsfield Fairgrounds two demo's one at 9:00 am one at noon I will be using two "problem loaders" One that takes 20 minutes to an hour but will eventually get on with help from a friend, butt rope, treats (horse needs to get there) with the goal of loading right up and self loading. Learn new tools with proper leading and using a trailer simulator to achieve your goals with your horse.
From Parts Unknown
tbtrakh (tbaby)
Username: tbaby

Post Number: 3316
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So to clarify you're looking for demo horses that will already get on a trailer eventually with a ton of tricks and treats? Within an hour or less with a buddy, treats, whatever, and you want your demo to show how to make these difficult loaders easier?
As opposed to truly unloadable horses who won't get on or near a trailer no matter what? And hence couldn't even get to the demo unless heavily sedated and maybe the night before?
I'm sure they'd also benefit greatly from your skills especially if they could stay over after heavy sedation, as it would seem these owners would need the help the most in case of a medical emergency or barn emergency.
Just a thought as I'm also sure those horses couldn't be easily "fixed" in one demo session.
bill gokey (bronco_billy)
Username: bronco_billy

Post Number: 6183
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know what she's saying. I've bought many that didn't have a clue.
I could eventually get the horse on by whatever means...pulling, treats, grain, butt rope or a chute following other horses.
What she is going to demo, I assume, is how to load a horse properly, self load. All horses and owners should know this.
If you have a problem loader..(a real pain) this would be a must unless you like the aggravation of an untrained loader.
memom (memom)
Username: memom

Post Number: 5040
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cathie’s an expert at teaching the horse and just as importantly the owner!
"Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain."(author?)MA
sarad (sarad)
Username: sarad

Post Number: 1537
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 08:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've taken CHA's loading clinic and it is great. Particularly for the inexperienced this is a must, and her trailer simulator is a work of art...
Beantown Massachusetts
Hatrick (cha)
Username: cha

Post Number: 1508
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 08:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes tbtrakh That's in in a nut shell. I could ask for a horse that needed to be sedated but I do not like the idea of horses riding in a trailer that are sedated. Many trainers do not travel to train, I do so If anyone has a problem loader that can't get to a demo, I can certainly travel to them. When I have done clinics in NH and a horse could not get to a clinic I have stopped on way home and helped them. Charged them partial farm call and reduced clinic attendees fee. Usually horses that take two hours to load take me under 20 minutes the challenge is teaching the owner.
From Parts Unknown
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 13029
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 06:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ha, ha Cha, as usual the horse figures things out before the human!!!
Everything is a choice.
bill gokey (bronco_billy)
Username: bronco_billy

Post Number: 6184
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 04:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amen

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration