Tristan Tucker Response Trainng Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Training Forum » Tristan Tucker Response Trainng « Previous Next »

maresrgreat (maresrgreat)
Username: maresrgreat

Post Number: 5683
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting training. What do you guys think? Is anyone doing this with their horses already???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPbeiJr2YHY
CDE Morgan (cdemorgan)
Username: cdemorgan

Post Number: 491
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I am. We have a clinician come to our farm once a month who uses the TRT methodology. It's really made a difference for my horse. I follow Tristan on Facebook and he also has an online course. It's really interesting and it works well.
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 12938
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 09:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seems like this is essentially what Bill does. Lovely horse!
Stimulus ='s pressure ='s release ='s learning.
Everything is a choice.
iwish (iwish)
Username: iwish

Post Number: 201
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I work with my horse with many obstacles - umbrellas, pool noodles wrapped in Christmas garland, flags,tarps, cones, whirly gigs, you name it, the list goes on and on. I change it up constantly, once he gets used to something, I change how it looks and it's a brand new obstacle. Not only is it extremely beneficial to the horse, it's lots of fun!
maresrgreat (maresrgreat)
Username: maresrgreat

Post Number: 5684
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CDE, that is awesome! Does your Morgan take to it right away or does it take a while to build confidence? You are so lucky to have someone come to your barn to work with who practices this method. :-)

iwish, I love your idea. That is an awesome idea. I think I'll start a journal with all my fun stuff and training in general for my young horse. Will be fun as he comes along.

I have to say I was a bit worried about the tarp. I a corner of a nail in the shoe caught in it it could have been a disaster. So am I worrying too much?

jc, you are right. Bill has been doing all of this. Bill has been onto something all along. There is a reason why his horses are all bombproof. HARD WORK!! And yet fun for him too.

Now I just want some nice weather so I'm not to cold to get out there with them! lol...
iwish (iwish)
Username: iwish

Post Number: 202
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My horse wears 4 shoes and knock-on-wood I've never had a nail catch the tarp, though as we know anything could happen! Of course my horse picks up the tarp with his mouth and throws it around if I let him LOL
CDE Morgan (cdemorgan)
Username: cdemorgan

Post Number: 492
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 01:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Besides the clinics we do, we also have a weekly groundwork session to practice. 4 or 5 of us set up "obstacles" around the indoor and rotate through them. We change it up each time and include umbrellas, tarps, small jumps, pool noodles, flags, yoga ball, plastic bag on a whip, clappers, and anything else that might get a reaction. The key is changing it up all the time so the horses aren't bored with it. We use a tarp every time and not once has it got caught on a shoe - including winter shoes with studs. The tarp has ripped a bit.

What is really helpful during these sessions is if another horse is reacting to something, you can work through that with your horse (think of a warm up ring). Also we can purposely make noises (which my horse is sensitive to). It's great having a few folks in the session as you have assistance to get the desired effects.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration