A tune up for Sophie Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Training Forum » A tune up for Sophie « Previous Next »

bill gokey (bronco_billy)
Username: bronco_billy

Post Number: 6003
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 07:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSuIEsTBIoU&t=1s
She's pretty round now. The saddle pad was slipping at times, the full cheek got in the way, as usual, I'll put it back in mothballs. They can be dangerous. The cheek can get caught on things and create problems. All and all she was fine even with the distractions. Colleen rode her nicely.
maresrgreat (maresrgreat)
Username: maresrgreat

Post Number: 5468
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 01:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rock solid trial horses. Colleen did a fabulous job with Sophie. She rides her really well and Sophie looked so happy to have a job. Colleen ought to pop on her once in a while. She looks great on her and Sophie is really great on the trails. Good for her health and her mind. She's come so far with you. Nice to see QTee out there looking good too. Bill, Dr. Leah Limone did wonders for my senior, if Qtee needs it you should ask her to look at her. My senior stopped her chokes and really started gaining after she saw her. She has a special tool that gets the back teeth and she can actually adjust any side of any tooth. Not sayin she needs it but if she does that would be a great gift to her. :-)

Post Number: 6004
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 02:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks mares, Her teeth aren't the best that's why I'm using a grain bag and extruded senior. The grain is extruded senior, easy to eat and no dropping feed with the bag.
I wish I could ride Sophie, she's pretty smooth. I'm pushing 200 and Colleen is about 125 so, no way.
I think Colleens been on here a couple of times but she's little gun shy, if you know what I mean.

Post Number: 5475
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 06:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My mare has gained a lot of weight just from finally getting her teeth right. This vet is in mass and does all of mass. She showed me inside my horses mouth it was all torn on both sides from sharp edges which was why she was having trouble eating and having chokes. Right after she did her, immediate improvement and incredible difference in weight gain. That's why I mentioned it. And very reasonable. For my mare it was so worth it.

Yes, I know what you mean about gun shy, I've been there myself. :-) Sophie looks like a little pistol and lots of fun. Looks like she wants to do good and be a good girl. :-)

Post Number: 6005
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 07:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had her teeth done 6 months ago. She's always dropped grain even after the procedures, by prof. dentists and vets. Power floats, hand floats, tranq and without tranq. I've done it myself, I have the equipment. No different, drops grain.
bythebay (bythebay)
Username: bythebay

Post Number: 2305
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 08:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mares would you share your vet or PM me? Was it a power float?

Post Number: 5481
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 08:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sure bythebay. email sent. This was the best thing I could ever do for my old girl. I could not believe how much improved she was after this visit. No more chokes and she has gained a lot of weight. Just this one visit made all the difference in the world for my older girl. :-)

Post Number: 5487
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 09:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sophie would make such a great pony for some little kid to love. She really offers a lot and looks pretty bomb proof. What a sweet pony. :-) But glad she's safe with you and enjoying life and taking nice rides. She is sure lucky you found her. :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration