RFD tv Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Training Forum » RFD tv « Previous Next »

bill gokey (bronco_billy)
Username: bronco_billy

Post Number: 5962
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 05:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to get RFD when I had Satellite TV. I have cable now and I can't get it anymore. Craig Cameron was one of my favorite shows. He was at the E.A. a couple of years ago. I think he was born on a horse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM0gPZYX9a4&t=0s
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 12735
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 09:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice! Murphy was my pick as well!
I had to laugh though when he broke out the flag and stick. When I had my gelding for about a year I took him to a clinic that was a fundraiser for a local rescue. The clinician had us using the flag and sticks with our horses and my horse totally ignored it. He wouldn't even take one step forward no matter how hard you flapped that flag at him. The clinician told me my horse was dangerous, that he was passive aggressive and I needed to be very careful of him. I had myself a really good laugh because my boy is the total opposite. And what I did know was that he thought the whole flag thing was stupid and it was beneath his dignity and so he ignored it. If I want him to trot or canter I just have to say so! This seemed foreign to this clinician.
Everything is a choice.
Mark G (prtraining)
Username: prtraining

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 08:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nicely educated horse and Craig is one of those great common sense Horseman.
And just coincidental, nothing insinuated what so ever, just saw this,
https://carsonjames.com/crosby-the-rescued-kill-pen-horse/?utm_campaign=blog&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-broadcast&utm_content=crosby-the-rescued-kill-pen-horse-8-22-17&utm_term=existing-list
bill gokey (bronco_billy)
Username: bronco_billy

Post Number: 5964
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 06:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He said scared and he also said reared. Scared horses are the hardest to fix. He came from and auction, you don't know why he's scared. It takes time to figure out why and you may never know.
I would put the stick and flag down. I would however move his feet with my hand and eye and release the pressure when he softened. Scared horses are tough to deal with. Getting their trust, not just compliance is major. There's time for all this flag and stick stuff and desensitizing after the horse softens and starts to trust you.
When he develops a little trust, then you can feel through the scary stuff and add a few things. Slow and easy, don't undo what trust you've gained. It's hard to do in a 1 day clinic.
pezk (pezk)
Username: pezk

Post Number: 660
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 06:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyway to see those shows thru streaming etc?
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 12738
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 08:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Exactly Bill!!!!
Everything is a choice.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration