Just for conversation. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Training Forum » Just for conversation. « Previous Next »

bill gokey (bronco_billy)
Username: bronco_billy

Post Number: 5953
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 06:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm sure in the end, I hope, the horse learns to settle down and be less fearful. The horse is dangerous in his present state, has no respect for the trainer and is scared.
For me, I would have him in a round pen, no ropes, whips, just move his feet and wait for the relaxation signs and let him join up with me. One small step at a time.
Sometimes it's better to burn off a little anxiety without the pressure. Jodie is a smart horse ducking behind other horses to avoid work. Much different from this horse. She wasn't scared, this horse is.
The horse is dangerous in his present state and will revert back to this behavior when things start going south, especially with a fearful owner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ1Ln9AS2IM&t=5s
calysgal24 (calysgal24)
Username: calysgal24

Post Number: 5833
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 08:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, that por horse!
.....I had one that I couldn't touch.....
I brutally honestly sold him to a young lady named Abby South from Pepperell MA for very short money and gave her my Dr Cooks bitless, lol.

Astounding how many folks wanted him for a hack barn, 4 H project, kids horse.....He was anything but!

She did the same as I ...and everyone else who tried, did and he listened to her! She was a miracle....Still makes my hair stand up
Gone WILD....In Virginia....Join me!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration