Horse vacations? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » Trail Rider's Forum » Horse vacations? « Previous Next »

cass407 (cass407)
Username: cass407

Post Number: 144
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 08:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We went to Memory Lane Farm in Andover Maine this past Memorial day weekend. 5 Stalls and a nice loft apartment for the humans with a hot tub. The trails were really nice and well marked. We loved it
memom (memom)
Username: memom

Post Number: 4958
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 07:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would you say you could get in a good 8 mi ride?
"Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain."(author?)MA
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 12710
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 09:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Easily memom. It's a great place.
Everything is a choice.
memom (memom)

Post Number: 4960
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 07:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, going back to Stony Creek next month.
mustangmare (mustangmare)
Username: mustangmare

Post Number: 531
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just got back from a long weekend at Ramblewood in Pittsburg NH... so here is my report on it.
The camp ground was very nice, the people were very accommodating, just ask and they were there to help... the downfall are the trails and maps... the trails around the campground were very wet, rocky in places and we had a couple horses end up in holes along the main trail out to the ATV trails... The Snowmobile trails were hard packed and kind of boring, The ATV trails were covered with loose rocks not good for barefoot horses...
The campground gave us 3 maps to use, one ATV trail map, one horse map and one around camp map but none had the same reference numbers so we weren't sure where we were at times. From facebook discussions, we were told to ride to Diamond Ridge, but the camp ground said we were not allowed on the other side of Rte 3 where Diamond Ridge is located... so not sure if we could have gone there or not.
They haven't been doing horse camping for may years, I made suggestions for things to improve so might try again in a few years
memom (memom)

Post Number: 4965
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 05:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the update, think I'll take that one off my list for a while.
memom (memom)

Post Number: 4980
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We ended up switching to Ridin-Hy after our arrival at Stoney Creek. Anyone needing info on why pm me as negative posts frowned upon.
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 12787
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 08:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you've not been to Memory Lane you should give it a try.
Everything is a choice.
shenandoah (shenandoah)
Username: shenandoah

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can easily do 20 miles at Memory Lane. Plus kayaking the Ellis is a blast.
If I'm not in the office, I'm in the forest.
memom (memom)

Post Number: 4981
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 07:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone thinking of going to Stoney Creek pm me before you commit
memom (memom)

Post Number: 4982
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 07:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Memory Lane sounds great! Ridin-Hy was terrific and saved the vacation for us. Stoney Creek is a no go which is too bad after 3 great visits there.
Sharon (sharona)
Username: sharona

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 08:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Memom,
Did you know about this?

"On October 27, 2017 the Main Lodge was lost to a fire. It was a beautiful Friday afternoon and all of our guests were out enjoying the sunshine. Some were horseback riding or getting massages, others were on fishing trips or lounging by the lake.... Plans for the future Lodge are in preparation and the Beadnell Family are all looking forward to the future of Ridin-Hy Ranch."
bliss (bliss)
Username: bliss

Post Number: 557
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some idiot caused that fire at Ridin' Hy...smoking where he was asked not to and putting it out in a paper cup is what they said. They're not going to hold him financially responsible but they probably should. Maybe he'd learn not to smoke where he's not supposed to. I wonder if their insurance company will make them become a completely non-smoking facility as a condition of continued coverage.
memom (memom)

Post Number: 5053
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 08:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Didnít know the cause but they are open and rebuilding as well. Check their site!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration