Who washing horse blankets Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » General Discussion » Who washing horse blankets « Previous Next »

susieq8163 (susieq8163)
Username: susieq8163

Post Number: 711
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 04:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got up this morning to blanket off the horse in the corner of her stall, this is the second time this has has happened. I have had this horse for 10 years now. I am hoping someone is not a pervert violating her At her at night. Told my husband gotta get a camera
delilah (delilah)
Username: delilah

Post Number: 3991
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 01:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My gelding not only took his blanket off he pulled it completely part, stuffing everywhere!
festive (festiveone)
Username: festiveone

Post Number: 1676
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 04:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I actually watched a pony mare work her blanket off one day in the pasture. Stepped out of the leg straps, and butt cord, and 3 crisscrossed belly straps, and the neck. Took her about 15 or so minutes. There are tons of videos of horses doing the same. Rhett never bothered with them. Tore hoes in his stable blanket, sheet, and his heavy weight turnout. But never bothered working out of them. That said. I am all for cameras on horse property. We are installing security camera's this summer to protect our hens etc.
tbtrakh (tbaby)
Username: tbaby

Post Number: 3698
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 05:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My younger horse absolutely hates blankets and will find a way to take them off if he can. After doing so and spending time in past places outside in extremely cold weather, he seems to have learned that maybe it's better to deal with them lol 😂.

If a blanket is even a little bit too big, or doesn't have leg straps he will take it off. If it fits right and has leg straps he'll still destroy it eventually but as I said he seems to have learned to tolerate them or he'll freeze. I don't rush to buy him a new one if he destroys his blanket. His skinny ancient mother I will, but she rarely destroys blankets. She loves her blankets and eagerly helps to put them on herself lol 😂.

She only rips them if she catches them on a doorway or another horse attacks her. Or if she gets caught getting up and tangles her foot in a strap and panics.

Her son shredded a blanket in early March one year and got to freeze the rest of the year. Never did it again lol.
memom (memom)
Username: memom

Post Number: 5205
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lots of used blankets at Nevins Tack Box. Open on weekends
"Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain."(author?)MA
Sandra L (familyreiki)
Username: familyreiki

Post Number: 99
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2019 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you need to know who does horse blanket washing? The Tack Shack in Fremont has great service... They have pick up at Dover Saddlery in Plaistow, and Blue Seal Feed store in Derry... probably lots of other places too... cost is reasonable and they do repairs as well....OR there is a launtry place on Rt 97 in Salem NH that allows pet wash, horse blankets being washed there are fine there too.
lazyhorse73 (lazyhorse73)
Username: lazyhorse73

Post Number: 1790
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 01:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

one night I had to double up on my blankets. the outside blanket had the broken leg strap rings. I should have had it underneath her other blanket.but i had a family emergency. but i figured it would have stayed in place. I crossed the belly straps and buckled hte front closures. well in the morning i found it on the ground with everything still buckled!
From N.E. CT.
hoofsense (hoofsense)
Username: hoofsense

Post Number: 219
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 08:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tack Shack also picks up from The Trainer's Loft in Tilton, NH. Fabulous service - they do a great job!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration