Bucket cozy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » General Discussion » Bucket cozy « Previous Next »

masthill (masthill)
Username: masthill

Post Number: 332
Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 09:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anybody use them? What are your thoughts?
Jackie Silverman (morskip)
Username: morskip

Post Number: 1952
Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They work. In the morning the horses with the cozy have a thin layer of ice. The horses at our barn without them we are chopping the ice out with a hammer. We only use the top piece when bitter cold like now.
flyhawk (flyhawk)
Username: flyhawk

Post Number: 2550
Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 07:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They had a LOT of them at Smartpak about two weeks ago.
zak1992 (zak1992)
Username: zak1992

Post Number: 356
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2019 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Love mine! I don't use it as much anymore with the insulated bucket holder that I have but it definitely works!!

Post Number: 1953
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2019 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://store.wildangelcozy.com/water-bucket-cozy/?fbclid=IwAR3y7Hi_bS0kihRzrGKxP_CG1OnW4Wnk1ht7Cp109CyeJQLrFp61BfZjjwA

Post Number: 1954
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2019 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They also have stock tank covers.
shenandoah (shenandoah)
Username: shenandoah

Post Number: 1193
Posted on Monday, January 14, 2019 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ditto what Jackie said !
If I'm not in the office, I'm in the forest.
Burt and Harry (burtandharry)
Username: burtandharry

Post Number: 77
Posted on Monday, January 14, 2019 - 01:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a big fan. I got one for my dad for Christmas a few years ago. I felt weird sending him a box from a company called wildangelcozy and had to let him know before it arrived that it wasn't some weird thing I found on the internet. It is awesome and really works. I had my doubts but we leave it on and add a bit of hot water to break/melt the skim of ice and away they go. If we fill the bucket with hot water on a cold night it is still free of ice in the morning. I highly recommend! It is well worth the money!
SB Farm (altesse77)
Username: altesse77

Post Number: 749
Posted on Monday, January 14, 2019 - 02:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have 2 and got them from Smartpac. Iíve used them outside for 3 years now and just get a very thin layer of ice. My horse either breaks through it with her nose or, I take it off for her. I also use the top, to keep the water warmer/insulated more. In side, I use bucket warmers. But, they are great!
Sandra L (familyreiki)
Username: familyreiki

Post Number: 100
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2019 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not a big fan... I had them a few years ago.. the cover part is narrow and my horse disliked how it made the drinking hole to small.. he could only drink maybe 1/2 a bucket with that cover on - his face would not fit farther into the bucket.... ALSO when ANY water got into the wrap around part, from refilling or horse playing with bucket...it stayed there locked into the frabic.. untill brought into the house to thaw and then dry completely...I found it much easier to just buy a heated bucket and skip using the bucket cozy all together

Post Number: 1955
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2019 - 01:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They still work well even with the top off. This week below zero only a thin layer of ice on ours. Most horses get use to the top. If not just take it off.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration