Horsie Resolutions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » General Discussion » Horsie Resolutions « Previous Next »

Gigi Bee (gigi)
Username: gigi

Post Number: 123
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 05:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone have any interesting New Years resolutions that are horse specific? Mine is to try to incorporate more ring work and ground work into my routine. Also, to try and remember to take time to enjoy my mare even when I'm working at the barn and rushed for time. Sometimes when I'm done with the chores I realize that my only interaction was work related!
Sharon (sharona)
Username: sharona

Post Number: 1263
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 05:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I resolved to spend the money and move to an indoor for Feb and March, as otherwise I am only getting to ride on the weekends and that's IF the weather is cooperating and IF I have been super-organized with the weekend schedule.
scottiegirl (scottiegirl)
Username: scottiegirl

Post Number: 559
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 06:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

getting my hip replaced in two weeks, haven't been able to ride since June. My resolution is to get back in the saddle in the spring and really work at western dressage and spend some time on the trails.
memom (memom)
Username: memom

Post Number: 5203
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 07:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Enjoy every minute in the saddle!
"Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain."(author?)MA
lipizzans4me (lipizzans4me)
Username: lipizzans4me

Post Number: 41
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 09:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I join the Northwoods Farm Challenge each year. The challenge is to work with one horse for 40 hours with 30 rides in the first 12 weeks of the year. The gateway is only open for a few more minutes tonight. It is a fun challenge. http://www.northwoodfarmschallenge.com/
Southwestern NH
Jackie Silverman (morskip)
Username: morskip

Post Number: 1950
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hopefully to get a Lippitt Morgan in the next year and to add a second job to do it.
delilah (delilah)
Username: delilah

Post Number: 3988
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 05:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get my 4 year old good & broke and learn western dressage with my mare.
sarad (sarad)
Username: sarad

Post Number: 1614
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 07:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get a new truck so I can get out to the farm more often. And to take lessons.
Beantown Massachusetts
linda (linda)
Username: linda

Post Number: 869
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 03:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

scottiegirl...getting my hip replaced next wed..and I retired last sunday..So I want to be able to relax without stress and work and ride my horse without fear...or I will regret it for rest of my life..he and I deserve to make memories on the trail ..which we have not seen yet and use new trailer to get there with...yeah 2019
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 13477
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 07:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Linda, good luck! You'll do great and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Remember...if it hurts don't do it...no matter who tells you to do it!
Everything is a choice.
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)

Post Number: 13478
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 07:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

scottie girl, good luck to you too!
Everything is a choice.
ladygodiva1228 (ladygodiva1228)
Username: ladygodiva1228

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 07:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just want to put miles on my two. Both have had 6 months of training, but it seems like I just haven't had time to ride them.
North Eastern CT
bill gokey (bronco_billy)
Username: bronco_billy

Post Number: 6447
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scottiegirl and Linda. You'll be happy you did. JC can also speak to that. Good luck.
flyhawk (flyhawk)
Username: flyhawk

Post Number: 2549
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 06:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am retiring this June and hope to spend a LOT more time with my coming 4 year old both driving and getting him under saddle. I am staying home with them this winter with no indoor and am currently super frustrated with all the rain and mud. I haven't been able to do anything this winter with the little guy.
heccateisis (heccateisis)
Username: heccateisis

Post Number: 423
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 05:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I resolve to soften my hands and use my seat better through lessons.
maresrgreat (maresrgreat)
Username: maresrgreat

Post Number: 6057
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2019 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie, what a wonderful idea. My beautiful boy is half lippitt reg Morgan. I could register him as a half lippitt if I get the time. He is the most wonderful horse. And so beautiful! I will never cut that gorgeous long curly black mane and forelock. They are so beautiful! :-) My boy is seal brown with 3 white half socks but no white on his face at all. He is so cute. I am so in love with him. So smart and always wants interaction and loves to train. A nice size also as I am a senior now. I hope you find your dream Lippitt when the time is right. It will be worth waiting for!!
Jackie Silverman (morskip)
Username: morskip

Post Number: 1951
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2019 - 01:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Maresgreat. By the way The Lippitt Show up in Vermont has regular Morgan classes also.

Post Number: 560
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2019 - 07:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bill Gokey, if it means I can ride again, or at least do groundwork, it will be worth it! my dr. says 3 months and I should be back in the saddle. I hope so! Linda, good luck with your surgery too.
linda (linda)

Post Number: 870
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2019 - 03:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks everyone...I want to walk again..bill please put up some riding videos ..missing them as I ride with you....

good luck with your surgery also scottiegirl...

Post Number: 6450
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2019 - 03:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I may have posted this but this is a short one, 1 month and 3 days after surgery. Way better than I though it was going to be, yours will too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrY7r-XaX7M&t=9s

Post Number: 561
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2019 - 05:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wow! thank you for posting that. you look great! I feel optimistic :-)
SamMadden (jackson_whitelaw)
Username: jackson_whitelaw

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 02:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When people construct their house there can be many expenses on it. Expenses can be high quality products to make the house beautiful. As per superiorpapers.com writing servise when we construct the restaurant there can be so many expenses.
Linda Simonson (horsedreamer)
Username: horsedreamer

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 03:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great question,Gigi Bee. Elicited lots of good ones. I too am retiring...in JUly and hope to have lots more time to be with my horse. So I will consider the question and come up with something before then!! I, too am frustrated with the conditions for those of us without an indoor. My horse hardly wants to walk on the frozen mud let alone carry me! Hoping for some snow cover for the grass so we can ride a little and his unshod feet won't be bruised. Good luck to those of you undergoing surgery soon; mend quickly but no rush until the weather and grounds improve!!
linda (linda)

Post Number: 871
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 03:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

surgery over...on plain tylenol..doing great.no pain..missing my horse as he is boarded but I know he is well taken care of.just cannot imagine tossing this new rt hip over a draft horse..maybe then I will take all these drugs I came home with before hand..ha.

Post Number: 563
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2019 - 07:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

keep us posted Linda! sounds good so far :-) I am going in thursday. Here's hoping.
linda (linda)

Post Number: 872
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2019 - 01:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thinking of you scottiegirl..you will do great.just stiff when you get into and out of bed...keep us posted.

Post Number: 6456
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 04:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Linda, here's a riding video from today that may inspire you and scottiegirl. Draft horse? still doable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrA6BOa7-u8
linda (linda)

Post Number: 873
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - 04:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank you I totally enjoyed it..you would be great to ride with and help build confidence..I just know it.. and I cantered with you...think spike is the warmest animal on the farm with hay and blanket...

Post Number: 564
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2019 - 06:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

surgery done, not gonna lie- first few days were pretty rough but on the upswing now :-) starting PT on Monday, keeping the eyes on the prize!
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)

Post Number: 13497
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2019 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry to hear that scottiegirl, but glad you are on the upswing. Do not let PT do anything that causes you pain no matter what they say!! Good luck!
Everything is a choice.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration