Looking for good deal on Hay in Somer... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » General Discussion » Looking for good deal on Hay in Somers, CT « Previous Next »

paula blake (blake75)
Username: blake75

Post Number: 183
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to find a large square hay dealer that is willing to deliver and unload to my home in Somers, CT. I currently get amazing 2nd cut hay that my horses love but the price per delivery is insane so Iím searching for better options. I would take impeccable 1st cut as well. The issue is I have no way to pick up the hay so I need someone to deliver it and if possible stack it in my hay shed.
littleredhen (littleredhen)
Username: littleredhen

Post Number: 220
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 05:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got 'impeccable' first cut from NY delivered and stacked $7.50 but no idea if he still has it. You have to take full load or split with someone. (about 325 45 lb bales). I had it tested...a tad high in carbs but otherwise excellent.
Richard A (gusjack)
Username: gusjack

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 06:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sell the large square bales about 750# each bale. 3'x3'x7.5'. First cut nice horse hay from western new york. Located in west Brookfield Ma. 508-867-2508
paula blake (blake75)
Username: blake75

Post Number: 184
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 02:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, so I found someone who would deliver a nice large square bale, it was about 900 lbs and I paid 220 and they delivered it and pushed it off in my yard and i had to cut and stack it, so although it seems to be lasting me and the horses like it that was not convenient for me so I would like to return to regular square bales (the 45-50 lbs version) of first cut hay, can not be 2nd due to my laminitic mini and I would need about 30-50 if I can fit it delivered and stacked in my hay shed, currently I pay almost $16 per bale for this full service (exceptional Hay) but everyone tells me I'm paying way to much but I have yet to hear from anybody offering a better deal for good hay. I'm open to any suggestions or recomendations.
Jackie Silverman (morskip)
Username: morskip

Post Number: 1975
Posted on Tuesday, March 05, 2019 - 09:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out the Steed Read. They have several hay dealers advertising in the classified.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration