Need Christmas gift ideas for hay guy... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » General Discussion » Need Christmas gift ideas for hay guy and farrier. « Previous Next »

maresrgreat (maresrgreat)
Username: maresrgreat

Post Number: 6033
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 09:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone give me any ideas of things you have given your hay guy and farrier for Christmas that have been a big hit? I'm trying to think of something that maybe they can use in their work that might be needed and/or useful? Trying to start Christmas shopping now before it creeps up on me like it always does. lol...
ls27 (ls27)
Username: ls27

Post Number: 747
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 09:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cash, most service people could use a tip.
shockrahawn (shockrahawn)
Username: shockrahawn

Post Number: 32
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 07:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can't go wrong with a GOOD coffee gift card and a really nice insulated travel mug (unless they are not coffee drinkers..). And a pretty ribbon : ) Gift certificates from suitable merchants (TSC, tack shops, farrier supply houses, etc.) can be useful tho perhaps a bit impersonal tho they allow one to get what they want/need. Most horse folks that have been in the biz a while know EXACTLY what they like and want and can tell you why, to the finest detail.
Good luck in your shopping and Merry Christmas!
delilah (delilah)
Username: delilah

Post Number: 3980
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 08:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I give my farrier a cash tip.
slammie (slammie)
Username: slammie

Post Number: 1735
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I either give cash or a nice VISA gift card so they can use it in more places.
The farrier gets $100.00 as does the Massage person and the lady who takes care of my horses. The trainer gets a gift card so he and his partner can go out for a nice meal. I appreciate all they do for me so I can still be involved in my horses. Yes I just got another one lol
Performance Standardbreds, what a ride. ****RI***
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 13459
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 01:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use to give 2 pairs of gloves and a plate of home made cookies to my trimmer. They go through a whole lot of gloves in a year. The rubber insulated tight fitting ones are great for the winter time. They liked the cookies the best but it depends on the individual. Also, if they like to read a good book on a topic they enjoy is nice too. Or...find out what their preference is for a rasp and give them a new one.
Everything is a choice.
rider (rider)
Username: rider

Post Number: 3627
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 07:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's only so many cookies a farrier can eat. LOL I give cash - it's always the right color and hopefully an amount that shows my appreciation for his talent and service throughout the year - It's easy I just double the cost of my December shoeing.
CT <> <> <> <> CT <> <> <> <> CT <> <> <> <> CT
maresnest (maresnest)
Username: maresnest

Post Number: 268
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2018 - 07:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A gift card for their Chiropractor.
yankeeclipper (yankeeclipper)
Username: yankeeclipper

Post Number: 589
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2018 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I knitted a hat last year for the farrier along with a cash gift. Since he came on a super cold day last year, he really loved the hat.
jcluvhrses (jcluvhrses)
Username: jcluvhrses

Post Number: 13461
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2018 - 07:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, depends on your farrier rider. Mine didn't receive many home made cookies and so enjoyed them.
Everything is a choice.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration