Time change... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Click over to A&B Barns!
Bulletin Board & Chat » General Discussion » Archive through November 24, 2017 » Time change... « Previous Next »

flyhawk (flyhawk)
Username: flyhawk

Post Number: 2398
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 07:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do you accomplish anything horsey in the DARK??? By the time I get home, clean and feed, it's completely dark outside. I have a two year old I am trying to keep in some type of work until we go inside for the winter (january). Any ideas????
bobflyby (bobflyby)
Username: bobflyby

Post Number: 517
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I HATE the time change.
Can you work with him earlier in the morning when there is some sun?
Sean McGillicuddy (smcgill)
Username: smcgill

Post Number: 76
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Head lamps
I have some with 280 or 310 lumens
Living the good life in Easton Mass.
crazyrider (crazyrider)
Username: crazyrider

Post Number: 320
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 02:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I 2nd headlamps. They work well and it's also a good de-sensitizing item as some horses have issue with that shining light on the human's head. I've found they get over it pretty quickly.
Some things catch your eye, pursue only those that capture your heart
flyhawk (flyhawk)
Username: flyhawk

Post Number: 2400
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 08:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I leave for work at 6:15AM so mornings are out. I will try the headlamps. ANy recommendations? A problem with dusk/evening is that the deer come out near the ring. Always an eye opening experience. Last weekend one jumped the fence into the pasture not seeing that there was a horse in there.
Sean McGillicuddy (smcgill)
Username: smcgill

Post Number: 77
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 06:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lowe's look for high lumens ..I have a 280 and 310 lumens headlamp. Only found the high lumens @ Lowes
Living the good life in Easton Mass.
CDE Morgan (cdemorgan)
Username: cdemorgan

Post Number: 490
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 09:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We used to set up those lights on the tripods for part of the ring. It might give you light for 20 meter circle.
maresrgreat (maresrgreat)
Username: maresrgreat

Post Number: 5616
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Years ago, we brought our round pen up in front of and off to the side a little by the barn. We have a super strong lamp on the front of the barn we turn on, lights up the round pen beautifully and can work with no problem. That is until the ground freezes. Going to try the CalMag this year and see if that gives us footing from freezing. That seems to be our biggest problem. Granted it is only a round pen but it is big enough to accomplish some schooling and is better than nothing. And easy to put up if u have room next to your barn.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration